The Aquatic Club of Pasco County Auction Terms and Conditions
1) Anyone is welcome to sell at the group meeting.
a. All Paid members sales will be split such that 75% goes to the member and 25% to the club.
2) All auction items must be properly packaged
a. Fish and plants must be properly bagged
b. Fish in fish bags only
c. Proper bagging is approximately 2/3 air and 1/3 water for fish and must be tightly closed to prevent the loss of air or water (double bagging is recommended)
d. Plants should be bagged with only a few drops of water
3) All auction items must be properly labeled this includes the following
a. Sellers number and bag number
b. Species name or content (unidentified fish and plants will not be sold)
c. Quantity (if applicable)
d. Sex (es) (if known)
e. Minimum Selling price (optional)
f. Indication if it is a donation
4) Any item deemed to be improperly bagged and or labeled must be re-bagged or relabeled prior to being sold
a. Club will re-bag at sellers request or in the absence of the seller for a fee of $2.00 per item
b. Bags are available for sale from the club
c. Re-bag fees will be donated to the club
5) Any items not initially sold will be re- auctioned after all other items if time allows unless pre-approved by a board member
a. If the item is not sold, the item will be returned to the seller
b. If the seller is not present at the end of the auction, the item will be considered a donation and will become property of the club to be sold at a later auction.
6) Auctioneer has final word as to when an item is considered sold
7) Buyers may pay cash at time of purchase or start a buyers tab with the checkout table
a. Members must notify the checkout table prior to the auction starting or the runner of the first bag they buy.
b. Non Members must register at checkout desk.
c. Anyone who does not pay for their buyers tab before leaving the auction will be barred from starting a buyers tab at future auctions unless approved by a board member
8) Seller will be paid by club treasurer after conclusion of the auction
a. Seller must sign Auction Receipt indicating they’ve received payment
b. Any payout not picked up by seller at end of auction will be kept by treasurer until next auction if seller does not come to next auction Funds will be considered a donation to the club
9) Once sold the item becomes the property and responsibility of the buyer
10) The club reserves the right to reject any item placed for auction based on:
a. Health of fish and or plants
b. Labeling and packaging
d. Any other reason deemed applicable by the club or clubs board
11) Items which are illegal to sell or possess in the state of Florida will not be accepted
12) No private sales, no resale of purchased auction items at meeting location
13) All sales final
14) Private sales will only be allowed as long as the seller rents a vendor table for $25.00 a meeting